Finding The Fragments

Mum never had any photos to show me of my father, but she said I followed after him. My dark looks, my body build, even my temper and moodiness she said came from Eddie. I first heard about Eddie when I was thirteen, after I had rifled through my personal records at school and discovered that Johnny Jameson was not really my dad, that he had only adopted me. It was a shock to discover that, but it kind of made sense. He had never treated me as lovingly as he did Carol and Patrick. Mum told me that Carol and Patrick were his own kids, that he couldn't help feeling differently about them. Yeah, it was then that mum finally told me the truth that she had had me out of wedlock. She was twenty, and Eddie had turned eighteen. It was also then that she told me that I had a younger sister who was given up for adoption. She told me I should be grateful that I hadn't been given away like Susan.