A Perfect Father

We had a bit of a trial finding the place, but it turned out that Eddie and his family lived on a new estate not far from the town centre. Once mum found the actual street, and then pulled up outside the house, I was all of a quiver. I was ready to turn back. I thought I would throw up; my nerves were so bad. But Eddie and his wife were obviously excited about meeting us both. Janice came rushing out to the car to greet us with one of the little boys trailing behind her. She hugged mum and then she hugged me, and then she said that she was really grateful for the chance to meet us. I was pretty gobsmacked by her openness. I mean, a lot of women would go apeshit if they knew their husband had a kid somewhere, and they would probably dread to think that that kid might one day come knocking on the door wanting to see their father. But Janice was lovely. She dragged us inside and sat us down in the living room, and then my dad appeared. He'd been pottering around upstairs, fixing the plumbing in the bathroom. He was in jeans and a white T-shirt, but I remember thinking he looked pretty gorgeous for his age. Still had all his hair! Nice and muscley too, and tanned. Well, he hadn't even turned forty, but he could have have passed for being in his late twenties. I felt my heart flutter and I knew it was coming more from a sexual attraction.