Tea in Slough

Anyway, we accepted Eddie's invitation. On the Saturday, Mum and me splashed out, going to the hairdressers, buying new dresses, as well as, of course, matching shoes and handbags. We really went to town. Mum wanted to look good because at the time she was recovering from being ditched by her boyfriend Rory. Bloody Rory! That creep made my life a misery, and then he went and did the dirty on mum by legging it with a younger woman. So, to be honest, I think mum was hoping that Eddie might get the hots for her and dump his wife. Mum has no qualms about breaking up a family if she fancies a bloke. When we were driving over to Slough, she was worrying about whether her bum was too big in her denim mini and whether his wife would be younger, slimmer, prettier than her. I remember thinking, "Fuck you, mum. This is meant to be for me, not you. We aren't on a man-hunt now. I didn't dare tell her what I thought. She would have thrown one of her tantrums.