Picnic in the Park

That Saturday was the most perfect day in my life. I have never felt so happy, so loved, as I did that day. After meeting me at Waterloo, Eddie drove over to Kensington Gardens and we wandered out towards the Serpentine before finding a spot to eat our picnic. We chatted away, finding out our common likes and dislikes, and what had been the pains, pleasures and surprises in our lives. Eddie was very easy to talk to. He was such a good listener, and when he opened up to me it was as though we were a reflection of each other. He saw and felt things the same way I did. We sat on a blanket eating the picnic he had brought along for us: baguette, cheeses, salad, cake and crisps. We sipped red wine and I laughed so much at his jokes and boyish antics. He was so playful, and I could understand why children were also drawn to him.

It was a pleasantly warm summer's day and before I had finished my second glass of wine I zonked out. When I awoke, Eddie was looking over me. He was smiling and stroking my cheek ever so gently with his fingers. And then, ever so softly, he brushed his lips against mine. He kissed me tenderly. I kissed him back lightly and then his tongue made its way deeper into my mouth. I wanted him like nobody I had ever wanted before or since. I wanted him inside me, right there, right then, in that lovely garden. His hand glided over my breasts, down my belly and then made its way up my dress. When he touched me, he could feel I was wet.

"Let's go to my hotel," he whispered to me between kisses. I simply nodded.

He pulled me gently to my feet and, as he had cleaned up our picnic while I had been asleep, he picked up the hamper and rolled the red blanket under his arm. With his free hand we walked hand-in-hand through the park. We walked silently, but this little voice in my head was saying, "No, stop, don't do this. Are you crazy?" But I shut the voice out. I felt like it was all a dream. We turned down a side street not far from the gardens and came to his hotel.