Ready To Meet My Dad

Dr. Mosley did, however, think it would be a good idea for me to meet my real father if I could find him, and if he agreed to meet with me. So, I told mum that I wanted to contact my father. I needed to find out who the other half of me was.

It was a miracle when I think about it. I mean, if you think how often people move house, move town, or even settle in a different country. Mum contacted directory enquiries and asked for the phone number of Edward S. Thaxton in Slough and they gave her the number, just like that. That same evening she phoned Eddie. It turned out that my father was married for a second time and had kids by her as well as by his first wife. Eddie said that Janice, his wife, knew all about his past, that she knew he had an illegitimate grown-up child out there somewhere. He told mum that he'd love to meet me and that he'd like to see her again too.

"Why don't you both come over on Sunday for tea? You can meet Janice and our two boys," he had said.